A good Doctor can treat your illness, prescribe medicines, and heal you internally. But doctors sometimes, they are unable to provide you proper physical therapy. Some injuries present in the body cannot be treated with medicines alone and require specialized professional help.
Specialists who are equipped with the knowledge and skills to heal the physical injuries of patients are called physiotherapists. If you have desire to serve people and want to start your career in this field then you can do Bachelor of Physiotherapist Or can pursue a Bachelor course degree like B.Sc Physiotherapy.
A Bachelor’s level course builds the basic foundation through a diverse curriculum and transforms the candidates into highly trained professional doctors. Physiotherapists treat patients with methods such as exercises, therapeutic procedures, and massage. Through this blog you will understand about B.Sc Physiotherapy course.
|course name||Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy|
|Qualification||10+2 with 50% marks|
|admission process||entrance test|
|average salary package||INR 3-5 Lakh/annum|
|job profiles||Physiotherapist, Lecturer, Researcher|
What is BSc Physiotherapy?
Bachelor of Science or BSc in Physiotherapy is an undergraduate course. The duration of this course is of 3 years. This course is one of the most popular medical science courses. Physiotherapists in this field work to cure the physical pain of the patients.
In this course, students are made proficient with several principals related to subjects like Physiology , Human Anatomy, Biomechanics, Pharmacology, Medical and Surgical Conditions etc.
Along with imparting theoretical knowledge, the course also works on the development of soft skill sets such as empathy and communication. So that it becomes easier for the physiotherapist to relate with the patients and heal them both in mental and physical pain.
In this way, through B.Sc Physiotherapy, you can become an efficient candidate to serve people for their illness.
Why choose BSc Physiotherapy?
Some of the main reasons why to choose B.Sc Physiotherapy as a career option are given below-
- BSc Physiotherapy is a demanding course. In this the students are placed in Health Institute, Hospital etc. or they can also start their own practice.
- In terms of knowledge, students are exposed to current and new research and sources of knowledge with the integration of concepts from outside fields.
- Candidates develop the technical, creative and analytical skills that enable them to solve specific problems using evidence-based procedures in predictable and novel contexts.
- Coming to the job options, there are a large number of job opportunities available for degree holders in Physiotherapy in India and abroad where students can earn and there are more chances to reach higher positions.
- Institutes in both government and private sector recruit BSc Physiotherapy candidates on a regular basis.
- The salary package that Physiotherapy students get is very good and the demand for this program is increasing day by day. Hence, the salary offered to Physiotherapy students is expected to increase further in the future.
The skills required for B.Sc Physiotherapy are given below-
- communication skills
- interpersonal skills
- team working skills
- physical awareness
- critical thinking skills
- creative thinking skills
- Organizational Skills
- observational skills
- time management skills
- multitasking skills
- work ethic
How to do B.Sc Physiotherapy? step by step guide
The step by step guide for B.Sc Physiotherapy is given below. By following these steps, you can easily become a BSC Physiotherapist-
- Step 1: Complete Schooling: You complete your schooling and especially keep in mind that your main subjects should be Physics , Chemistry , and Biology .
- Step 2: Prepare for the entrance exam: You can prepare for the entrance exam to become a physiologist after completing your schooling. There are mainly NEET in India and entrance exams in foreign countries like SAT , ACT etc. With the help of these exams, one can apply for courses like B.Sc Physiotherapy.
- Step 3: Get Graduate Degree : You can do B.Sc in Physiotherapy . degree can be obtained. This course is generally of 3 to 4 years.
- Step 4: Get a Job: You can apply for a job after B.Sc Physiotherapy based on your degree and skills. Try to get a job and get a job which will help you immensely in learning on the job in this field because the more you learn from experience the more expert you become in that field.
- Step 5: Get Post Graduate Degree: You can also get a post graduate degree for better opportunities in your job. You can get a post graduate degree like M.Sc Physiotherapy. The duration of these courses is generally of 2 years.
BSc Physiotherapy Subjects
In the course of BSc Physiotherapy program, students are introduced to the complex concepts related to this field. The curriculum for the course is designed to provide deep knowledge to the candidates and equip them with industry-specific skills. Here below are some of the main topics of the course which the students will get to study during the entire duration of the course-
|basic nursing||Orientation and Physiotherapy|
|bio mechanics||exercise therapy|
|allied therapies||Basics of Neurology|
|community medicine||introduction to treatment|
|electrotherapy||Evidence-Based Physiotherapy and Practice|
|orthopedics and sports physiotherapy||First Aid and CPR|
Top foreign universities
The names of top foreign universities for B.Sc Physiotherapy course are given below-
- curtin university of technology
- Auckland University of Technology
- The University of Otago
- Central Queensland University
- Monash University
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Queensland
- Cardiff University
- University of South Australia
- La Trobe University
- coventry university
- flinders university
Top Indian Universities
Following are the names of top Indian universities for B.Sc Physiotherapy course-
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- Seth GS Medical College
- Madras Medical College
- King George’s Medical University
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College
To pursue BSc in Physiotherapy course from top universities abroad, you need to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. Though the eligibility criteria may differ from one university to another, here are some general conditions-
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have at least 50% marks in 12th.
- Class 12th studies should be from the stream of Biology.
- The age of the candidate should be 17 years.
- SAT / ACT can also be demanded for Bachelor’s degree course in any university .
- Also for abroad you also need IELTS or TOEFL score along with above requirements.
Do you want to get good score in IELTS / TOEFL / SAT / GRE ? Register today on Leverage Live to prepare for the best of these tests and score well.
Application process for foreign university
To apply the candidate will have to complete the process given below-
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can shortlist the courses of your choice with the help of our AI Course Finder .
- The next step is to collect and organize all your documents like SOP , essay, certificates and LOR and required test scores like IELTS , TOEFL , SAT , ACT etc.
- If you have not yet prepared for your IELTS , TOEFL , PTE , GMAT , GRE etc. exams, which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can join our Leverage Live classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high score in your test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, experts will start the application process for accommodation, student visa and scholarship / student loan.
- Now it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take around 4-6 weeks or more. The last step in your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required semester fee.
For information and assistance with the application process, contact the experts at Leverage Edu on 1800 572 000.
Indian university application process
The application process by Indian universities is given below-
- First of all register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after sign in to the website select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now fill the application form with educational qualification, category etc.
- After that submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test then first register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
You will need the following essential documents-
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- passport size photo
- Passport photocopy
- updated resume
- english proficiency test score
- letter of recommendation or lor
- Statement of Purpose SOP
Our Leverage Edu experts will assist you in every possible way to get a student visa as well .
There are different types of entrance exams for getting admission in different colleges, but there are some common exams which are mostly recognized by all the colleges or universities, some of them are as follows:
foreign entrance examinations
indian entrance exams
- BHU UET
Some of the books that you will need during the course of BSc Physiotherapy are given below which you can have a look at-
|essential books||author name||buy from here|
|orthopedic clinical examination||Joshua Cleland||buy from here|
|radio pharmaceutical for therapy||FF Knapp, Ashutosh Das||buy from here|
|physiotherapy in neuro conditions||rule||buy from here|
|Essentials of Orthopedics and Applied Physiotherapy||Prakash P Kotwal, Kanchan Mittal||buy from here|
|The Pocketbook for Physiotherapists||intoxicated||buy from here|
From hospitals and schools to rehabilitation centers and private offices, physiotherapists are needed in almost every industry. Due to this, opting for B.Sc Physiotherapy provides many job opportunities for the students. After completing the course you can find out the given top job profiles and employment areas where you can work:
- Apollo Hospital
- Max Health Care Institutes
- Dr Lal PathLabs
- Jamia Hamdard
- Amity University
- Sgt University
- Jiva Ayurveda
Job Profiles & Salary
According to Glassdoor.in, the estimated annual salary and job profiles after B.Sc Physiotherapy course are as follows:
|job profiles||average annual salary|
|physiotherapist||INR 2.5-3.5 Lakh|
|researcher||INR 5-7 Lakh|
|lecturer||INR 3-4 Lakh|
|Home Care Physiotherapist||INR 3.5-4.5 Lakh|
|Sports Physio Rehabilitator||INR 4-5 Lakh|
|therapy manager||INR 5-8 Lakh|
What is the required qualification for B.Sc Physiotherapy?
Proof of general qualification 10+2 for taking admission in B.Sc Physiotherapy course, that too from a recognized institute. The age of the student should be above 17 years.
Is BSc Physiotherapy One Semester Best Degree?
Yes B.Sc Physiotherapy is one semester best degree. This course takes 3 semesters to complete within 3 years.
How to take admission in any college for doing B.Sc Physiotherapy?
To do B.Sc Physiotherapy, you can prepare for the entrance exam, although some universities also get admission on the basis of merit.
Hope you have liked this blog of ours in the context of BSC Physiotherapy. If you are also interested in pursuing BSc Physiotherapy from any foreign university, book a free 30-minute session with our Leverage Edu experts by calling 1800 572 000 today. They will also help you with the application process with a proper guidance.